*In-person sessions are available on a case-by-case basis. Please contact me for more information.
What I am doing to ensure safety and sanitization:
- Wearing a mask during sessions.
- Provide medical grade air-purifier able to filter germ particles in the air.
- Staggered appointments to allow ample time between sessions for disinfecting and to ensure limited social contact between clients.
- Suitemates are utilizing a shared calendar to ensure limited to no overlap between clients.
- Practice healthy hand hygiene before and after every client.
- Clean all supplies in between sessions, including: toys, sand, art supplies, etc.
- Enforce temporary closure of lobby to reduce exposure to COVID-19.
- Ensure disinfectant wipes and/or spray are used to sanitize all fabric and non-fabric surfaces, toys, and immediate air space in between playroom use.
- Sanitize door handles and restrooms before and after each client session.
A few precautions my suitemates and I are taking:
- Suitemates are wearing masks.
- Waiting room is temporarily closed. Parents will wait in their car, or in the outdoor space during sessions.
- Pick-ups and drop-offs to be held in the parking lot or at front door of office building for clients between the ages of 6-11.
- Clients wash hands thoroughly before entering and after exiting the office. (the therapist will provide restroom visits for handwashing if child is in therapist's care)
- Clients and parents will notify their therapist of any coughing, sneezing, or other COVID-19 symptoms by the client or anyone the client has come into contact with before a scheduled session and/or after an attended session.
- Clients who feel sick should stay home, move session to video or cancel. My 24 hour cancelation policy will be waived under these circumstances. However, if I do not receive any communication about cancelling appointment, the fee will be applied.