“For me, I am driven by two main philosophies: know more today about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you.”
― Neil deGrasse Tyson
Ideas for Compassion in Action at Home
- Mr. Rogers "Won't You Be My Neighbor?"
- Do some extra chores to earn money and donate it to an organization helping those most affected.
- Volunteer to do outdoor chores for neighbors.
- Use chalk to write/draw an encouraging message on a driveway or sidewalk (be sure to get permission where needed).
- Post rotating encouraging messages for others to see in an apartment window or yard.
- Write letters to elders who cannot have visitors in nursing homes.
- Write a letter to your teacher.
- Read I am Human: A Book of Empathy, after you reading you could dance to this song and video following along with the hand motions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YGaumwvKyM
- Read I am Love: A Book of Compassion, after reading try heart-opening yoga poses like: fish pose, cobra pose, or cow pose in a chair.